Monday, October 11, 2010

WHY do you have so much stuff?


I hear that question a lot.

Why do we have so much stuff? Why do we have so much shampoo, conditioner and body wash? Why do we have so many deodorants, toothbrushes, toothpaste, laundry detergent and body spray? Why do we have more than 15 boxes of cereal...15 cans of soup...and so on?
 
Because I stock up on things I KNOW my family will use, when it is very cheap or even free.
Because we give bags of stuff to my church's pantry.
Because we give our family members lots of stuff, too. None of my family members leave my house without a bag or 2 of food or necessities.

I even took 5 months off of "stock-pile shopping" and had ZERO need to go shopping for cereal, canned/non-perishable, shampoo/conditioners, soap, deodorant, toothpaste/brushes, cleanser, laundry soap, etc...AND I kept up with my giving. Yes, I did have to shop for things like milk, fresh produce and fresh meats...but that was it!

I give because it makes my heart happy to know that I am helping others have what they need. I don't like to hear of ANYONE having to go without their basic needs.

I know there are a lot of us out there who would LOVE to help and give to those less fortunate and just don't have a way to do that. Well, if you keep up with my blog and keep getting those deals and shopping for FREE or even for pennies...you will be able to give away your excess! Your local pantry and the people in your community would be so appreciative :)

"When I am blessed beyond what I need, the extra is not for me, but for someone in need"
*I LOVE this quote. My Pastor used it in one of our church sermons, and I invite you to use it as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Share it with me!! :)