Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grilling up some Yummy Summer Fun with Coca-Cola :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...there really is nothing like an ice cold bottle of Coca-Cola® in the Summer time.
UNLESS it is accompanied by a scrumptious, mouth-watering recipe for a Yummy grillin' creation made with a bottle of Coca-Cola®!
Every time I visit my favorite store, I buy a few glass bottles of Coca-Cola®. Yes, you CAN still purchase Coca-Cola® in glass bottles. Is there really any other way to enjoy this great product?
Well, yes, there is...but in my opinion, an ice cold Coca-Cola® is best in a glass bottle.

I would LOVE to share some wonderful recipes with you, featuring Coca-Cola®.
My family and I just LOVE these and I hope you will, too!

This is a BBQ Staple in our home.
I LOVE to soak boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this awesome sauce and grill 'em up :)

Coca-Cola BBQ Sauce

1 12 ounce can Coca-Cola®
1 1/2 cups Ketchup
1 cup finely chopped Onion
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
Hot Pepper Sauce - to taste

Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and cover; simmer for 30-45 mins. until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Season with hot pepper sauce.

And for dessert...
This chocolate cake recipe has been made in my kitchen for a couple years now.
I did find it online and tweaked it to "make it my own". It is SO moist and decadent...YUM!

Chocolate Coca-Cola® Cake

1 cup Butter
1/3 cup Cocoa
1 cup Coca-Cola®
1 Chocolate Pudding Cup
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/3 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 large Eggs
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups Miniature Marshmallows

Chocolate Cake:

Combine Butter, Cocoa and Coca-Cola® in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Remove from heat.
Combine Flour, Sugar and Baking Soda in a large bowl; stir in Butter mixture.
Add Eggs, and stir until blended. Stir in Buttermilk, Vanilla and Marshmallows.
Pour into a lightly greased 13x9-inch cake pan.
Bake at 350┬║ for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
As soon as the cake is done baking, prepare the icing, below.
Coca-Cola® Icing:
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup Coca-Cola®
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Combine Butter, Cocoa and Coca-Cola® in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
Remove from heat; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
Spoon immediately over warm cake.

I am enjoying making Coca-Cola® memories with my family.
I love making these recipes and seeing my family gobble them up!
I love hearing my girls ask for Coca-Cola® in the glass bottles...they're just like their Momma :)

About Coca-Cola®
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in the United States.
More info: www.cookingwithcoke.com
Join Coca-Cola® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cocacola
Join Coca-Cola® on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cocacola

Do you have any favorite recipes that include Coca-Cola®?
OR
Any Coca-Cola® memories that take you back to your childhood or any good family Coca-Cola® memories?



I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Share it with me!! :)